So, the other day while I was cleaning my room, I decided to sort through my travel makeup and show you a few of my favorites. FYI, I buy travel sizes quite often to use in my daily life because I don't use a ton of makeup so the smaller size suits my lifestyle. Also, a few of the things I'm sharing are not necessarily travel size but they do travel well so they belong on this list. Okay, let's go.
There is a lot of stuff here... but I want to mention all of it. I'll link what I can but some of this stuff is older or limited edition so I'll link a similar item, when possible.
- NARS tinted moisturizer: mini-sized products are always well-stocked in 'impulse buy' bins near the checkout counter at Sephora - this particular tinted moisturizer has SPF and coverage; two birds, one stone
- Shiseido Perfect Rouge mini lipstick: free sample size lipsticks are so tiny and convenient
- Too Faced Hot Cocoa Collection (Chocolate Soleil Bronzer & Tinted Primer) (the kit I bought is no longer available): so tiny and perfect for travel; the bronzer smells delicious
- Ciate mini: for anyone who can't not have manicured nails
- Dior Addict Lip Glow (limited edition): this gloss changes color with your body temp, which is cool, but on me, it tends to stay a pretty and natural-looking pink
- MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow: neutral and perfect for everyday wear
- Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire: cream eyeshadows are great for traveling because unlike powder, there's really no chance of the shadow itself shattering
- Bare Minerals Well Rested: does what its name says, makes you look well rested, which is essential after a long flight; the container has a sifter with a lid so there's v. little risk of spillage
- Chanel Or Rose eyeliner (limited edition): lining your eyes with a nude-ish color wakes up your face
- *ELF brow mascara: even if I'm not wearing any makeup at all, I still like to tame my brows
- MAC Lingering Brow Pencil: subtle, natural, self-sharpening = perfect for travel
- *YSL Faux-Cils mini: tiny mascara wands make application easier for me and they travel well
- Too Faced Flatbuki: soft and tiny
- *Mini sample perfumes - I've talked about this before
- *Fresh sugar Mini Balm: so cute and small
- NARS mini orgasm/laguna duo: blush and bronzer in one AND it's small enough for travel
- *YSL touche eclat: another eye brightening tool, because I can never have enough eye brightening
- L'Occitane mini hand creme: for moisturizing on the go
- Sephora Travel Brush Kit: so convenient
- Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray: to set my makeup
- Benefit Watts Up: cream highlighter for dewy skin; again, cream products = less risk of cracked powders in your makeup bag
- *Philosophy Take A Deep Breath moisturizer with SPF: for days where I want SPF but I don't care about makeup-y coverage
- *Shiseido eyelash curler: the ultimate eye-opening wake-me-up tool
Yes, this list is crazy long but let me be clear, I would never take ALL of these products with me anywhere. That's just too much. I've bolded and *asterisk-ed my must-haves, which total 7 products. But the products that I actually choose will 100% depend on my destination. For example, for my upcoming trip to France, I'll probably pack a little more makeup to channel my inner French lady. But, when I'm in Turks & Caicos, I probably won't pack any makeup and just stick to sunscreen. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm going to Turks & Caicos again? Tickets were cheap, what can I say? And, I still love my Cabana Glama which is the perfect travel makeup kit for me.
Also, I'm not necessarily touting these specific brands and products but the spirit of them. For example, there are plenty of different mini mascara brands out there. YSL faux-cils is just the free sample I happened to receive once upon a time.
By the way, if you were wondering, the little jewelry tray on the right is from Anthropologie. It's gorgeous and I'm in love with it.