Providenciales, Turks & Caicos

HOORAY! My next tropical holiday to the island of Providenciales has been booked. I actually ended up doing all of my research rather impulsively in the span of a few hours and then booked right away. I booked a vacation package (hotel + flight) through Expedia for about $1000 per person for 7 nights at a resort, which I think is a fantastic deal.

The breakdown was something like $450 per person for the flight and $1100 total for the room, which is about $158/night. Considering the fact that the normal rate for our hotel, Royal West Indies Resort, is $230/night, I'd say that's pretty awesome. And hopefully, the rates I paid already include any resort fees. This particular hotel appealed to me because 1) each room has a kitchenette (microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator) or a full kitchen, at a cost of course, 2) complimentary bicycles for guests to borrow, and 3) it's located right on the beach. Plus, the pool looks lovely and it got great reviews.
I used the explore option on Kayak to figure out where I wanted to go. There were a lot of islands that looked tempting (Aruba, Bermuda, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, etc.) but what drew me to TCI was how tiny it looked. Tiny island to me means it'll be easier to explore and that means it'll be a more relaxing trip since I tend to stress out over how I'll be able to see everything there is to see when I go on holiday. Plus, the currency is the USD, they speak English, the beaches are amazing, and it's one of the safest islands in the Caribbean with a v. low crime rate.

I'm excited to snorkel, maybe horseback ride on the beach, and get a lovely glowing tan.

Comments