Hawaiian Punch!

74 days until I'll be sitting on a plane headed to Maui! I really want to look good when I get there so I've been trying to eat well and exercise 5 days a week (trying to drop some lbs), and avoiding alcohol (better for bags under the eyes) and making a few other adjustments in my daily routine to prepare.

One of the things I'm looking most forward to is going to the beach everyday and letting the salt water give my hair that crunchy wavy texture. That being said, I think it'll be really important to prepare my hair for 7 days of sun and salt. I'm prepping the tips of my hair (to prevent split ends) using Herbal Essences' Long Term Relationship Leave-In Conditioner. I really have noticed a difference. I have a lot of hair but each individual hair is pretty thin and prone to breakage but lately, my hair feels stronger and more resilient.

I've also been moisturizing my skin (face and body) everyday because extreme heat and salt water will dry you out rather quickly and I want my skin to be prepared. Plus, now that it's becoming dry skin season here in the northeast, I've started to supplement my St. Ives Collagen-Elastin Lotion with Pond's Dry Skin Cream, all over my arms and legs. (And I use the salt scrub I wrote about in my spa day post).

And lastly, so that I won't be the palest person on the beach, I've been using Nivea's Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs to give myself a little bit of color. It's really subtle and it's moisturizing and makes it so you don't have to shave your legs as often.

Looking forward to a trip is half the fun for me, if you couldn't tell.

Cheers.

Comments