DIY Yogurt Face Mask

I love skincare. It's somewhat of a recent obsession. I didn't take great care of my skin when I was younger, which I definitely regret, but it's never too late to start. So, since about sophomore year of college, I've been obsessed with lotions and face masks and facial exercises and massages. I have a few different store bought masks that I use weekly - mostly clay ones - but I love DIY ones too. The DIY ones are awesome because you know exactly what's going into the mask (no chemicals or weird ingredients) and they're quite affordable.

This particular mask that I'm sharing today is awesome because it's all natural and it works.
All you need are these three ingredients: egg white, honey, and of course, yogurt.

In a bowl, add one egg white, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt. Stir everything together to combine and that's it!
Start with a clean face. I actually like to bathe before I use masks. I let the steam from the hot shower open up my pores, which helps the mask work better.
Spoon a little of the mask into your hand and then smear it all over your face, avoiding your eyes and hair. The mask is a little runny so be careful not to drip it everywhere. You just need a thin layer anyway.
Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes until the dries completely. Then, use just slightly warm water to rinse it off.
Ah! Look at that fresh and clean face!
What does this mask do? Well, the egg whites give your skin a tightening effect. The honey moisturizes your skin and it's also a natural antimicrobial agent. The effects of the yogurt are my favorite, though. The lactic acid is a great exfoliator and it helps to refine pores (mine are huge!) and stimulates collagen production. It makes your skin feel incredibly soft; that's why ladies took milk baths in olden times. Yogurt also contains lots of vitamins and zinc, which help with cell turnover, brightens the skin and helps reduce the appearance of scarring, slows down the effects of aging, and heals uneven skin. The best part is that all of these ingredients are v. gentle so it's great for sensitive skin.
Once the mask has been rinsed off, I continue with my normal night routine. I use a little toner, night serum, and eye cream. My skin absorbs the products more quickly because there's no dead, dull skin blocking the creams and serums from soaking in.
I can't recommend this mask enough. I think it's hard to demonstrate the benefits of this mask via photos because the difference is mostly in the texture of my skin. So, I guess you just need to try it yourself!
xoxo.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much, ! I am going to try my hand at these, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment