Grounds for Sculpture

A few weekends ago, I went to Grounds for Sculpture which is a former fairground that's been turned into a park and as the name suggests, it houses a bunch of sculptures. It's a nice place for just walking around with loads of fun photo opportunities and it's one of the weirder activities I've found in NJ. Luckily it wasn't too cold the day we went. It was slightly overcast but temperatures were in the high 40s, which was completely bearable.
It wasn't too crowded - we only ran into other visitors here and there - and it was nice enough that I want to go back when there's actually greenery on the trees and take more than just my iPhone with me.

This creepy babydoll installation was a the center of the Forest of the Subconscious. It was a weird piece to stumble upon.
Honestly, some of the sculptures were kind of creepy, mostly because from a distance, you couldn't tell if it was a real person or not. But it's still a fun concept and the park itself is really pretty. I especially loved Monet's bridge.
xoxo.

Comments