2016: A Year in Review

2016 was a tumultuous year. But, I think I can still look back on it rather fondly.
This was the year of tackling items on my bucket list. I managed to strike off half a dozen goals.


I explored a part of the country I've never been to before; I went to Arizona. (And I'm actually headed to the American southwest again in 2017).
I took the PE exam. (And I passed.)
We took George Michael to the beach for the first time.
The family drove to Pennsylvania for a long weekend so we could hike and stargaze.
Sister and I went down to Florida for a quick snorkeling trip. We missed out on the Dry Tortugas but we had loads of fun at John Pennekamp. (We're going to try to do Dry Tortugas again for spring break in 2017).
I ate some of the prettiest poke in Philadelphia.
I knocked another destination off my bucket list: I went to Santorini! (... and Paros and Mykonos. I love the Cyclades.)
And I visited my old favorite, London. It's still the love of my life.
Four of us attended the second annual Harry Potter festival in Chestnut Hill (a suburb of Philadelphia).
Mother Nature blessed us with so much sunshine in autumn and I savored every moment of it. It was especially beautiful in New York.
Another bucket list item crossed off the list was a visit to Copenhagen.
And the final bucket list item I managed to accomplish in 2016 was seeing the Northern Lights. It was beautiful and magical and the best thirtieth birthday present ever. And I don't think I'll ever be that mystified ever again.
I finally got to put up the Christmas ornaments I made last year.
I had a great Christmas with family and friends. And my sister and I did quite a bit of biking while it was unseasonably warm (which I'll be sharing more about when it gets warm again).
I'm equally excited and nervous to see what 2017 brings. I have a handful of New Years' resolutions to sort out and I want to add more things to my bucket list as I cross things off because I never want to feel like I'm done exploring the world.

xoxo.

Comments