Holiday en France Video Blog

Ladies and gents, it's the moment I've been waiting for! I'm finally starting to blog about my trip to France! If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited.

It was rough going for a bit because as soon as I got back from holiday, I had to unpack and repack my bags to head back out to North Dakota. I did my best to sort through my own photos from my Mac before I had to hop on a plane so I wouldn't have to lug a second laptop with me (because I've got a Mac as my personal comp and a PC as my work comp). Plus, I also had a stack of photos from my cousin and her husband to sort through once they'd gotten back from Ireland (which is where they headed while my sister and I stayed in Paris). Then, once I'd arrived in ND, I realized I'd left my laptop charger back at the office so that sucked. It arrived a day later via UPS (thanks to our lovely admin) but by then, work was busy enough to make me pass out as soon as I got back to my hotel and if you didn't know, it's pretty difficult to blog while you're asleep.

Luckily, because I was so freakin' neurotic and crazy and intense about getting my sh*t together before I flew out west, I'd whipped together a little video from our trip. I'm not the best videographer or editor but honestly, I'm improving and I'm actually pretty proud of this one - both the footage and the editing. It's on the longer side (fifteen friggin' minutes) and I don't know how interesting it will be to other viewers, but both my sister and I had a lot of fun watching it because it reminded us of the fun trip we'd just experienced. Hopefully you don't find it too boring.

So, before I get into meaty posts packed with photos and words, here it is in motion. Please enjoy!


Here's what I packed:
Oh, and for your convenience, here's a little map with most of the landmarks and sights and restaurants we visited. There are a few extra restaurants listed too, which might be helpful if the ones I visited are booked up or maybe no longer in existence by the time you read this entry.

FYI, I've also started posting some French food-related entries over on my food blog as well, if you're interested.

xoxo.

Comments