The only vacation I've taken with George Michael, in his 6 years of being alive, was a short weekend ski trip to Vermont. He had a good time with me, taking walks through town and on the hotel property but it wasn't exactly the best experience for either of us. I felt guilty leaving him alone in the hotel room but I also wanted to be out and about. Next year, I'd also like to take a trip that the entire family would enjoy.
Here are my ideas so far:
- A trip out west to Yosemite National Park, where dogs are allowed on leashes on paved trails.
- Visit a dog friendly winery, preferably in wine country, like Frenchie Winery or Mutt Lynch Winery
- Go for a swim at a dog-friendly beach, like Montrose Beach in Chicago. It's off-leash! Visiting the Bean and Calder's Flamingo would be fun with GM in tow too.
- Hang out in Vermont at an inn where you're charged a fee if you show up without a dog: The Paw House Inn
- Head to an event specifically for dogs, like the Dog Bowl in Texas
Luckily, GM is small enough that he would count as carry-on luggage if we need to take a flight. I'm leaning towards Chicago (despite having been there before) because it's lunchtime as I'm writing this and I could really go for a Chicago-style hotdog. Apparently my stomach dictates all of my trip decisions.