DIY Thanksgiving Party Prep

So I'm off this entire week from work, woohoo! Since it's rather cold outside for my taste, I've been occupying myself with indoor activities. Besides having a huge list of things to do to get ready for our Thanksgiving meal, I've come up with a small list of crafts that would spruce up the buffet table. I'm sharing those crafts today.
These crafts are really quick and easy but add a nice personal touch.

For the buffet table markers, cut up chipboard into an appropriate size for your setting. I used a 2" x 3.5" square and scored it down the center using a craft knife. Scoring the chipboard will make it easier to fold in half and it'll be a cleaner fold too.
Use a pretty pen or stamp to label the markers.
I used alphabet stamps that I got from Target for $1 back in the summer (I used them for my garden markers too) and some gold acrylic paint.
Here's a peek at what I'll be serving on Thursday.
I like the earthy colors because I think they'll complement the food better than bright colors would.
The next little craft I did was to make little flags for the cheese platter. I bought cute sticker labels from Target (again just $1) and rolled them around toothpicks, used cardstock to make it a bit sturdier, and used a craft knife to cut it out.
These are going to be super cute skewered into some cheese, don't you think?
I have one more really quick craft to share tomorrow so stay tuned!

xoxo

Comments