Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY Thanksgiving Party Prep

So I'm off this entire week from work, woohoo! Since it's rather cold outside for my taste, I've been occupying myself with indoor activities. Besides having a huge list of things to do to get ready for our Thanksgiving meal, I've come up with a small list of crafts that would spruce up the buffet table. I'm sharing those crafts today.
These crafts are really quick and easy but add a nice personal touch.

For the buffet table markers, cut up chipboard into an appropriate size for your setting. I used a 2" x 3.5" square and scored it down the center using a craft knife. Scoring the chipboard will make it easier to fold in half and it'll be a cleaner fold too.
Use a pretty pen or stamp to label the markers.
I used alphabet stamps that I got from Target for $1 back in the summer (I used them for my garden markers too) and some gold acrylic paint.
Here's a peek at what I'll be serving on Thursday.
I like the earthy colors because I think they'll complement the food better than bright colors would.
The next little craft I did was to make little flags for the cheese platter. I bought cute sticker labels from Target (again just $1) and rolled them around toothpicks, used cardstock to make it a bit sturdier, and used a craft knife to cut it out.
These are going to be super cute skewered into some cheese, don't you think?
I have one more really quick craft to share tomorrow so stay tuned!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...