My Current Top 10 Dream Destinations

These aren't in any particular order.
  1. Santorini, Greece - I've wanted to go to Greece ever since watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
  2. St. Petersburg, Russia - I want to see those iconic onion domes in person, while sporting one of those fur hats.
  3. Machu Picchu, Peru - I've been to a Maya site and I'd love to see an Inca site. Plus, the nature, the hiking, the ruins; those are some of my favorite things.
  4. New Zealand - Have you ever watched Flight of the Conchords? I'd like to hang out with kiwis for a bit. Also, my best friend in 5th grade (who was also called Rachel) was from NZ and I fell in love with her accent. I'd practice saying 'no' in a kiwi accent, which is a combination of 'noy' and 'nor.' Try it.
  5. Bali, Indonesia - Every paradise photo I like on Pinterest is usually a shot of Bali. It looks sublime.
  6. Phuket, Thailand - The pretty temples and street markets are a big motivator but I mostly want to go here for the food. 
  7. France (but not Paris) - I've been to Paris thrice so I'd like to go to France and roadtrip everywhere else. I would visit Annecy, Nice, Provence, Toulouse, anywhere scenic and quaint.
  8. Masai Mara National Park, Kenya - Going on safari is high on my list of things I want to do in my lifetime. I'd wear khaki, bring binoculars, and cry with happiness to see an elephant in its natural habitat.
  9. Iceland - I want to take a swim in the Blue Lagoon and I really want to see the Northern Lights. I actually didn't know anything about Aurora Borealis until I read The Golden Compass in my fantasy fiction writing seminar freshman year of college.
  10. Darjeeling, Pondicherry, and Agra, India - Darjeeling because it's my favorite tea; no, I'm kidding. I'd love to go river rafting and hiking here. Pondicherry because the name sounds adorable; kidding again. It's one of the most popular spots in India for a reason. And Agra because of the Taj Mahal, duh. India's always had a spot in my travel heart since reading A Little Princess as a child.
What's on your top ten travel destination list?

Cheers.

Comments